Listen to this obituary
Elvis A. Sledge, Sr, 93, died Tuesday, September 8, 2020, at North Mississippi Medical Center Gilmore in Amory, MS. He was born October 11, 1926, in Choctaw County. He was a self-employed contractor. Mr. Sledge was a Veteran of the United States Army, a Mason, Shriner and a member of the American Legion. He was a member of Friendship Baptist Church in Aberdeen, MS.
He is survived by four sons, Elvis Sledge, Jr (Geraldine) of Clinton, MS, Don Sledge of Clinton, MS, Sandy Sledge (Suzanne) of Columbus, MS, and Corey Sledge (Allison) of Amory, MS, and six grandchildren Tyler Sledge, Shelby Sledge, Jenny Sledge, Kyle Sledge, Haley Sledge and Seth Sledge. He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife Minerva Wood Sledge and one son Charlie Sledge.
- Visitation for friends will be Friday, September 11, 2020, from 10:00 A.M. until service time at the Tisdale-Lann Memorial of Aberdeen.
- A private family service will be Friday, September 11, 2020, at 11:00 A.M. at Tisdale-Lann Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen.
- Bro. Rick Burton will be officiating.
- Burial will be in Friendship Baptist Cemetery in Aberdeen.
- Tisdale-Lann Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is in charge of the arrangements.
- Contributions may be made to St. Jude’s Children Research Center in Memphis, The Shriners Burn Center or the charity of your choice.